When we open any of our social media accounts, we are flagged with a lot of beauty products for that flawless look. Most of the time these products contain various ingredients and one cannot help but wonder which of these ingredients works the best. We know for a fact that one ingredient which is even found in your pantry can help achieve that glow to your skin. Lemons.
Lemon derivates used in skincare are, lemon oil, lemon juice and lemon rind. While all of them are essential each one has its potency. Bing a rich source of Vitamin C, lemons help your skin in many ways.
Below is a list of ways lemons help your skin:
- Lemons act as a natural bleach- They reduce pigmentation and dark spots which are caused due to overexposure to the sun.
- Lemon-infused products such a lemon body lotion can help reduce visible signs of premature aging and hyper-pigmentation which is caused due to over-exposure to the sun.
- Lemon contains anti-fungal properties. It cleanses the pores and repairs skin. Acne-prone skin can benefit from the usage of lemon and Vitamin C as the core ingredients in the products.
- Using lemons as a skin astringent can help your pores to close and tighten your skin resulting in smoother healthier skin.
- Lemons help exfoliate dead skin cells and help fight dandruff and soothe skin irritation.
- Lemons can also act as a detoxifier. A glass of lemon juice in the morning acts as a natural stimulant and helps in detoxifying your liver. It helps to replenish your body’s mineral supply as well.
- Lemon juice is a natural alkalizing agent. This helps to maintain the PH balance in the body.
- Lemons can also be useful to acne-prone skin as they help dry pimples thereby providing astringent qualities. However, one has to use this wisely as lemons tend to dry up the skin quickly. You will need to slice a lemon in half and rub it all over your face. Wait for about 10 minutes before you rinse off with warm water.
- Oily skin too can use lemons on the T-Zone. This is the most prominent spot for oil secretion and it can be controlled by using lemons to help with the texture.
- Rube half a lemon on acne spots, knees and ankles and watch them get brighter with each application. The citric acid present in lemons helps lighten your skin. Just make sure you do not apply the lemon juice on a cut or it will sting.
You can also try using the Oxyglow lemon body cream. This helps invigorate your senses and makes your skin feel refreshed. The lemon and aloe vera infused in the cream can help lighten dark spots and will help keep your skin healthy.