When you apply bleach on your skin, it helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and dark patches and instantly brightens your skin. Sometimes the chemicals used in bleach turn out to be harmful to your skin. The best alternative to this would be searching for bleaches that have natural ingredients in them. The natural gold bleach from OxyGlow is one such product that has natural ingredients and does not cause any irritation on the skin.
However, if you would like to try natural ingredients around the house, a few could help but will not have intense bleaching, or whitening effect like face bleach does.
- Yoghurt – Milk products contain lactic acid that helps in skin lightening. When you apply yoghurt to your skin, it has a calming effect as well. You can add a pinch of turmeric to a tablespoon of yoghurt. Leave the paste on for 15-30 mins and rinse it off.
- Lemon– Known to be high in Vitamin C, lemons have a depigmentation effect. If you have sensitive skin, we suggest you avoid using a lemon. Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice with water and apply it as you would a toner. Rinse off after 10-15 minutes.
- Tomato – These can safeguard you from harmful UV rays. Tomatoes can also be used for skin brightening. Mix one tablespoon of tomato paste with a pinch of turmeric and a little bit of milk. Apply it and leave it on for 20-30 minutes. Wash it off later. Repeat this three times a week.
- Gram Flour– This ingredient helps exfoliate and cleanse your skin. It also helps reduce tan lines. Mix gram flour with rose water and let it dry completely before you proceed to wash it off. Repeat this thrice a week to achieve desired results.
- Turmeric – This unique spice is known to reduce pigmentation and even skin tone. Mix one teaspoon of turmeric in milk and massage it onto your skin. Let it dry before washing it off.
- Safron– This helps brighten your skin and gives you a clear complexion. Soak a pinch of saffron in raw milk and apply it to your face with a cotton ball. Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Potato– Many people claim to have found potato usage beneficial for dark circles and skin brightening—mix potato juice with lemon and honey. Apply the mixture and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
Natural skin brighteners take a long time to show, so you might want to keep trying these methods daily or invest in herbal bleach with the same ingredients. Face bleach for men also contains natural ingredients. One must check the list of ingredients before purchasing a product and always do a patch test before applying anything directly to your skin.